One of the premier employers in the Seacoast area is looking for a Quality Engineer to join their growing team. This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, life, 401(k), flexible health and dependent spending accounts, employee assistance program, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, and more!
Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation at designated stages of product development and manufacture
- Plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or component
- Work to maximize product conformance and ensure best possible manufacturability
- Devise sampling procedures and design and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data
- Establish program to evaluate precision and accuracy of equipment and facilities
- Review design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records
- Apply statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes
- Review all purchased products or components and recommend optimal products/vendors
- Maintain working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards
Qualifications of the Quality Engineer
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 5 or more years of related experience
- Experience preferred in supply chain quality engineering and/or hardware quality engineering
- Working knowledge of ISO and AS9100 requirements is preferred; ISO 9001 is most important
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is preferred
- Experience in performing on-site quality system surveys and evaluating suppliers’ ability to produce the needed products, processes, or services
- Experience with SPC, LEAN, Six Sigma, and ASQ certifications ideal
- Creative thinker with sound analytical and decision-making skills
If you’d like to take the next step in your career at an employer with true work-life balance and a fast-paced, friendly environment, then apply today for this Quality Engineer opportunity!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.