Our Manchester, NH manufacturing client is seeking a Quality Engineer to join the team. This full-time, direct-hire role is responsible for performing statistical analysis and issuing recommendations to reduce process variation. Experience in the wire and cable industry is a plus!
Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer
- Serve as the subject matter expert for wire and cable test equipment, results analysis, and test methods
- Recommend and implement projects to increase repeatability and reliability
- Maintain test data to ensure traceability
- Collaborate with design and manufacturing teams to establish quality specifications and standards
- Assist lab staff with QC issues relating to signal performance and failure analysis
- Perform root cause analysis and implement effective corrective action to address problems in a timely manner
- Help to establish and monitor KPIs to measure and improve product performance
- Interface with suppliers and vendors to ensure the quality of incoming materials
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to continually improve overall product quality and reliability
Qualifications of the Quality Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field
- Proven experience in quality engineering with wire and cable or other electrical components; significant experience in wire and cable preferred
- Experience with ISO9001 quality systems
- Strong working knowledge of performance measurement and monitoring methods
- Expertise of lab testing methodology, process, and procedures
- Attention to detail
- Statistical analysis skills with experience implementing SPC
- Familiarity with relevant quality standards and regulatory requirements
- Proficient in the use of formal problem-solving methods
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to provide effective training as needed
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Excel and Word
Take the next step in your career in a complex, dynamic environment with this Quality Engineer opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply, please email an MS Word copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 603-766-2004, or apply online at www.leddygroup.com.
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.