A sheet metal fabrication and CNC machining company is seeking a Quality Engineer. This hands-on role is perfect for someone with an energetic and positive team-building style who can focus on improving processes to ensure the company provides the best quality parts to its customers. Don’t miss this direct-hire opportunity with great benefits!
Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer
- Own and sustain QMS and ISO procedures
- Perform internal audits
- Maintain all audit and regulatory compliance documentation
- Ensure all ISO 9001 processes are followed and updated as needed
- Implement lean and value streamed processes for documentation and reporting
- Work with Operations to provide customers with sustainable corrective action plans
- Communicate with customers and ensure issues are resolved
- Analyze data and provide quality reporting
- Coach, develop, and mentor the Doc Control Team
- Maintain a high level of presence and connectivity with employees at all levels of the organization
- Support all safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
Qualifications of the Quality Engineer
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at a supervisor level in a lean and/or quality leadership role, or equivalent experience in a similar role
- BS or prior Quality management experience preferred; company is willing to train the right candidate
- CMM Experience using Zeiss, Mitutoyo, Ram Optical, Faro, etc.
- Proficient in GD&T and SPC and able to perform Gage R&R
- Experienced in using inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, and gauges
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail, and ability to effectively handle multiple priorities
- Flexibility to accommodate overtime or extended hours to meet customer delivery requirements
- Proficient at First Article Inspection and ability to utilize AS9102 format reporting
- Demonstrated ability for exceptional collaboration, influence, and driving change especially with engineering and manufacturing groups
- Prior AS9100 experience is preferred
Apply today to join this successful, fast-growing company as a Quality Engineer!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.