Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A global company specializing in injection molding and contract manufacturing services is now hiring Quality Inspectors on second and third shift in Derry, NH! You’ll play a vital role in ensuring this company’s products meet specifications of its customers in the medical, optic, and electronic industries. The ideal candidate is hardworking, reliable, and committed to quality. If that sounds like you, don’t hesitate to apply!
Responsibilities of the Quality Inspector
- Utilize optical and mechanical inspection equipment
- Measure product using blueprints, precision tools, and visual inspections
- Identify and record any non-conformity in accordance with procedures, and initiate corrective action to prevent future occurrences
- Ensure the identification and traceability of production components
- Sort product that was put on hold according to MRB disposition
- Maintain retained samples for all production jobs
- Assist in performing mold capability studies
- Communicate all quality concerns to Quality Manager
- Follow Good Documentation Processes as well as all safety rules and regulations
- May be required to perform the duties of Manufacturing Operator if necessary
- Perform any other duties as required or assigned
Qualifications of the Quality Inspector
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in a manufacturing operator position, preferably in the plastics industry, or any acceptable combination of education, training, and experience
- Able to read, write, and speak English and follow written and verbal instructions
- Must demonstrate critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Must have basic math skills and familiarity with standard and metric measurement systems
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Ability to perform in a flexible and adaptive manner to situations and work demands
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, and principles used in inspection and in a quality management system
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and supervise others in the performance of inspection and testing procedures
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks, stand/walk for long periods of time, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation
Choose the shift that best fits your schedule for this Quality Inspector position! Second shift works Monday through Friday, 3:00pm-11:00pm, and third shift works Monday through Friday, 11:00pm-7:00am. Pay depends on experience, ranging from $19-$21/hour plus a 10% differential for second shift and a 15% differential for third shift.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.