A well-established manufacturer is looking for a Quality Manager to join the team at their Newport, NH facility! In this role you’ll collaborate with other department heads, implementing QA/QC changes to increase efficiency while still meeting client quality specifications. This is your opportunity to work for a successful company that is large enough to support exciting new products, yet appropriately sized for an individual that is looking to make a direct impact on the business.
Responsibilities of the Quality Manager
- Promote continuous quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization
- Develop, implement, communicate, and maintain a quality plan to keep the company’s quality systems and policies compliant with requirements
- Formulate and manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and systems pertaining to QA/QC
- Devise and review specifications for products or processes
- Effectively interact with Production and Development teams to maintain acceptable product supply and help introduce new products
- Set incoming inspection requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers, and monitor their compliance
- Maintain an improvement mindset to drive QA/QC process optimization and cost reduction
- Troubleshoot errors, and implement additional quality control measures as necessary, with a preference for Poka-Yoke solutions
- Ensure thorough and effective response to CARs/PARs
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards and legislation
- Supervise technical staff in carrying out tests and checks
- Write technical and management systems reports
Qualifications of the Quality Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent relevant experience; certification or advanced degree in Quality Management or Quality Systems preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in quality assurance, including ISO 9001, IATF 16949, and/or ISO 14001 standards
- Previous experience within the automotive industry
- Demonstrated understanding of core quality tools such as PPAP, APQP, PFMEA, Control Plan, Process flow, Gage R&R; understanding of capability and SPC
- Auditing experience required
- Willingness to attend trainings and seminars as needed to maintain proficiency in the position
- Willingness to travel when required
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills through internal and external communication
- Proactive with strong decision-making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with ability to learn new software as needed
- Demonstrated experience working with contract manufacturers, suppliers, and/or distributors
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams
This Quality Manager position is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity. Apply today!
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.