Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing, View All Jobs
Location: Nashua, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
A leading manufacturer in Nashua, NH seeks a Quality Manager. In business for over 20 years, this company prides itself on manufacturing high-quality products quickly and efficiently and providing a high level of technical support to their customers.
The Quality Manager is responsible for planning and overseeing activities related to the development and application of quality standards for industrial processes and products.
Responsibilities of the Quality Manager:
- Develop and maintain an internal Quality System.
- Administrative operation of the Corrective Action System.
- Support of customer and agency audits.
- Qualification of personnel performing special processes.
- Quality Assurance record retention.
- Interprets engineering drawings and diagrams.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Helps with developing and maintaining the ISO9001 procedures.
- Establishes a program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing the product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Responsible for maintaining gages and other measuring equipment, including as well as calibration requirements.
- Suggests and implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase safety and efficiency of production, department, or work teams.
- Development of training materials and conducting employee training sessions.
- Guides quality technicians and inspectors.
Qualifications of the Manufacturing Technician Lead:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years related experience; or Associates degree with 4 years of quality-related experience; or a minimum of 5 years of quality-related experience including knowledge of Quality System requirements.
- Biology and/or Chemistry knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements with some knowledge of plastics, membranes, and manufacturing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook.
- Some knowledge of statistical controls and Minitab software.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Familiar with Six Sigma practices.
- Strong communication skills oral and written.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
This is a full-time, long-term position. 1st shift. To apply for the Quality Manager, please send your resume to Bedford@LeddyGroup.com or apply online at leddygroup.com
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.