Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Location: Dover, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible to manage a team of 20+ sanitation workers within a food manufacturing plant located within the NH Seacoast area. This company is dedicated to their process of selecting, preparing and processing their specialized products and it all starts with their sanitation process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Sanitation Supervisor:
- Oversees efficient and timely cleaning & sanitizing of production equipment and areas.
- Assures plant sanitation processes are followed and effective. Oversees employees and inspects completed work for conformance to standards.
- Responsible for maintaining master cleaning schedule.
- Manages sanitation costs to meet or exceed budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for ordering/maintaining inventory of all cleaning chemicals and maintaining all cleaning equipment.
- Serve as a liaison between 3rd party vendors (pest control, etc.)
- Assigns tasks to workers.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
Key skills and experience needed for Sanitation Supervisor:
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership and direction experience
- Problem solving skills
- Analysis experience
- BS Degree in Technical or Food Science Preferred or related experience and/or training
- 3+ years of leadership experience in sanitation or quality field
- Previous experience overseeing chemical processes
This is a 3rd shift position working 9:30pm-6:30am due to current staggered start times and works Monday-Friday. This is a direct hire and permanent position and salary will depend on experience but currently considering candidates at 70K+ so please be prepared to discuss your salary requirements.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com, call 603-749-4810 or apply online at www.leddygroup.com.
We are Leddy Group… a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA. One great brand… multiple specialties in accounting and finance, administrative and executive assistants, engineering, human resources, industrial and skilled manufacturing, and office support and customer service.
At Leddy Group we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. This is the compass which leads us to put the right people in the right places. Methodology and process to assess skills and experience. Focusing on fit, company, and culture.
The success of our team is based on the success of our outcomes and your satisfaction. Period. Do what you love … love what you do. Put people first … always.