Speciality: Accounting & Finance
Location: Hampton, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
Accounting Manager needed for a growing, fast-paced, publicly held and traded company in Hampton, NH! This full-time role is responsible for performing daily and monthly accounting functions necessary to support our client’s daily operational activities as well as month-end and year-end close activities. Experience working with publicly held companies and being a CPA is a definite plus!
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager
- Participate in the month-end accounting close process and ensure proper application of US GAAP
- Prepare and review journal entries for entry into the general ledger system
- Review month-end and quarterly equipment segment related journal entries
- Review balance sheet reconciliations prepared by staff accountants
- Review general ledger transactions for accuracy
- Assist with P&L and balance sheet balance trend analyses
- Prepare monthly cashflow statement and quarterly cashflow analytics
- Maintain process flowcharts and evidence of controls for areas of responsibility
- Assist with quarterly and annual examinations by external auditors
- Assist in the preparation of supporting documents for 10-Q and 10-K documents and tie-outs, as needed.
- Assist in streamlining financial and business processes to identify cost savings, efficiencies, and improvements
- Assist with other projects as needed
Qualifications of the Accounting Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 3-4 years relevant accounting experience
- Previous management experience overseeing at least two professional employees
- 2 + years of experience in public accounting preferred
- Certified Public Accountant or CPA candidate preferred
- SEC Reporting experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and SOX Compliance
- Organized and self-motivated
- Able to succeed in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Proficient in Excel including advanced formulas
- Experience with Great Plains a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Apply now for this Accounting Manager position and enjoy the many perks our client has to offer!
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.