Location: Manchester, NH, USA
Widely known cable manufacturing company in the Manchester, NH area is looking for a Shipper/Receiver! The Shipper/Receiver provides support in the areas of shipping, receiving, inventory control and may include moving and transporting raw materials and finished goods throughout the manufacturing facility. This client has great perks once hired on and really focuses on employee appreciation.
Responsibilities of the Shipper/Receiver:
- Use fork truck and/or forklift equipment to secure and transport materials and products within facility safely
- Unload trucks at shipping and receiving docks as scheduled or instructed
- Interact with transport drivers regarding the loading and unloading of materials/products
- Make a record of receipts using the AS400 information system
- Route and move shipments to the proper department and warehouse or stock section
- Handle and arrange for adjustments for merchandise that is lost or damaged
- Prepares shipments, wrapping and/or packing the goods in shipping containers
- Prepare shipping documents, mailing labels, label packages.
- Look up and compute freight or postal rates, and record the weight and cost of each shipment
- Sorts packages, accepts deliveries, and distributes throughout facility
- Record items taken from inventory
- Calculate the weight of the skid by placing boxes on a scale
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Verify, count and condition for all material being received from suppliers
- Provide production floor with product as necessary
- Participate in Inventory control assignments
- Subscribe to and practices 5S principles, and JIT procedures
- Adhere to and follow ISO guidelines
Qualifications of the Shipper/Receiver:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working in a material handler capacity and/or in warehouse environment
- Cable and wire experience a plus
- Must distinguish colors and pass a colorblind test
- Proficient reading comprehension skills in English to understand written information on packaging, contents, handling specifications and instructions, bills of lading, MSDS sheets, and other pertinent information
- Work a full-time shift schedule with regular attendance and ability to work overtime as needed
The position works Monday to Friday 9:30am-5:30pm.
Pay is $16-$16.50/hour depending on experience, with raises offered following performance reviews.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 603-666-4051, or apply online at www.leddygroup.com.
About Leddy Group:
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.