Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing, View All Jobs
Location: Kittery, ME, USA
Type: Full Time
A global leader of motion and control technologies is looking for a second-shift Shipping Associate in Kittery, ME! The company empowers their employees and provides a supportive environment for career growth. This direct-hire opportunity includes a fantastic benefits package – with health, dental, life insurance, STD, LTD, annual bonus, pension, and more – effective on your first day of employment!
Responsibilities of the Shipping Associate
- Manage final preparation and dispatch of products to customers
- Sort and consolidate packers and verify shipping instructions to prioritize workload
- Review daily reports to ensure all product is on hand when needed
- Transport products from finished good to customer order staging, keeping area organized and inventory in established transfer locations
- Package and label boxes per written instructions and customer requirements
- Dispatch carriers to transport products
- Create and complete shipping paperwork including bill of lading, invoices, and inventory transactions
- Ship Miscellaneous shipper items per instructions, then return necessary documentation to production control
- Verify any unclear work instruction on orders with Customer Service
- Make continuous improvements in the areas of cost, cycle time, on-time delivery, safety or ergonomics, and customer satisfaction
- Work closely with work cell teams and all support functions to identify the root cause of problems and take corrective actions
- Ensure “5S” housekeeping practices to keep work area and equipment maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly condition
- Maintain established quality standards
- Prepare and maintain records, department schedules, and reports for month-end reports and throughout the month as required
- Scan, maintain, and trigger Kanban Cards and place in proper locations
- Perform Layered Audits
- Change and maintain Inventory location in MSS
- Perform cycle counts as needed and report any changes to Production Control
- Order shipping supplies
- Report unusual conditions to a supervisor or lead person
- Perform other related duties as required
The second-shift Shipping Associate works Monday through Friday, 3:30pm-12:00am. Pay starts at $18-19/hour. Apply today!
To apply, email a copy of your resume to Seacoast@leddygroup.com, see our website at www.leddygroup.com or call 603.749.4810.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.