Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Location: Nashua, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
A two-decade old company that has helped hundreds of organizations make improvements to their water systems is currently seeking a Shipping Lead to join their team. This opportunity is ideal for someone that has proven experience working in a fast-paced warehouse setting.
The Shipping Lead will coach and mentor others working in the shipping department to keep everything flowing smoothly and deliveries going out on time.
Shipping Lead Responsibilities:
- Uses UPS, FedEx, DHL and other freight vendors to ship product.
- Schedules shipment pick-ups with vendors.
- Prioritizes, organizes, and monitors customer orders to make sure shipping dates are met.
- Checks orders for accuracy prior to packing for shipment.
- Directs others and works alongside them to pack orders according to customer specifications.
- Prepares bills of lading, posting weights and shipping charges, and attaches shipping instructions to orders.
- Receives incoming materials, including sorting and stocking responsibilities.
- Trains new employees in the shipping area.
- Other responsibilities as needed, including inventory counts.
Shipping Lead Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of shipping experience, OR a HS Diploma and 3+ years of shipping experience
- Knowledge of common shipping/manufacturing/database software, as well as MS Office software
- Ability to stand/walk for the majority of the shift, and regularly lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred
This is a long-term opportunity with competitive benefits and pay once hired on as a permanent employee of the company. Hours are 9 AM – 5:30 PM, Monday – Friday.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group… a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA. One great brand… multiple specialties in accounting and finance, administrative and executive assistants, engineering, human resources, industrial and skilled manufacturing, and office support and customer service.
At Leddy Group we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. This is the compass which leads us to put the right people in the right places. Methodology and process to assess skills and experience. Focusing on fit, company, and culture.
The success of our team is based on the success of our outcomes and your satisfaction. Period. Do what you love … love what you do. Put people first … always.