Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Join a global leader as a Slitter Operator in Newburyport, MA! In this third-shift, direct-hire role, you’ll help produce the company’s innovative foils and films. This full-time opportunity includes great benefits like medical, vision, dental, 401(k), short and long-term disability, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, and more. You’ll also receive a $2,000 signing bonus paid out quarterly over the first year!
Responsibilities of the Slitter Operator
- Set up and operate single and/or multiple blades slitting machines to slit and rewind various types of coated or imprinted polypropylene or polyester film materials to specific sizes
- Ensure correct operating parameters are used to run the machine
- Perform required machine changeovers, loading master rolls and setting up razor blades and cores
- Label, unload, clean, and pack the finished rolls
- Make required film splices and rethreads of broken film
- Check samples of completed work for size and conformance to specifications
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, orderly, operational, and safe condition per 5S standards
- Record production run quantities, job orders, materials used, machinery down times, and scrap
- Monitor shipping and packaging supplies
- Cross train in other departments and manufacturing processes to provide coverage as necessary
- Perform related duties as assigned or required
Qualifications of the Slitter Operator
- Ability to work overtime and weekends
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 lbs.
- Flexible to accommodate changes to work routines
- Focused and detail-oriented
- Experience with Lean manufacturing, 5S, safety, and continuous improvement programs
- Ability to operate fork truck and crane systems
- Must understand and perform final QC specifications
Hours for this Slitter Operator position are Monday through Friday, 11:00pm-7:00am. Pay depends on experience, ranging from $18-$23/hour. Apply today!
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We put the right people in the right places through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing. We combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. Our goal is to exceed your expectations; our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.