Sr. Electrical Engineer
Sr. Electrical Engineer
If you’re a seasoned professional with strong communication and teamwork skills, then consider this Sr. Electrical Engineer opportunity in Portsmouth, NH. You’ll provide hands-on R&D support to existing products in this company’s portfolio as well as perform engineering activities in support of new product development. This direct-hire role offers a flexible work schedule, PTO, medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, health savings account, flexible spending account, 401(k) with company match, parental leave and adoption services, and more!
Responsibilities of the Sr. Electrical Engineer
- Manage product design projects for the development of electromechanical assemblies, electronics, wired and wireless communication design, as well as electrical safety and EMC-related design elements associated with the development of medical devices
- Utilize experience with Altium and deep understanding of IEC 60601
- Support all activities on new product development including design, prototyping, systems integration support, verification and validation, and design for manufacture/manufacturing transfer
- Ensure product engineering is compliant with global medical device design control requirements
- Maintain and update specifications, board design, drawings, and other documentation
- Write protocols and reports for verification/validation of products throughout their lifecycle
- Ensure development activities support revenue, quality, production, and cost reduction goals
Qualifications of the Sr. Electrical Engineer
- 4-year Engineering Degree, with advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 years engineering experience
- Medical device experience strongly preferred
- Experience with statistics and design of experiments
- Technical aptitude
- Knowledge of applicable standards/regulations such as GMP, EU MDD/EU MDR, and ISO 13485
- Understanding of test method validation, verification, and analytical methods
- Good understanding of engineering concepts including FEA, design for manufacturing, and CTQ design and development
- Excellent communication skills, including technical writing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and contribute positively within a global product development team
- Ability to lead others and work well under pressure/on multiple projects concurrently
- Lean/Six Sigma training/certifications a plus
- 3D CAD and electronics design tool software skills
Apply today for this Sr. Electrical Engineer opportunity in a collaborative, results-driven environment!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.