Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer
Here is your chance to work for one of the premier employers in the Seacoast area! A leader in marine products is hiring a Supplier Quality Engineer in Portsmouth, NH. In this role you will establish a supplier performance review system and maintain an effective working relationship within the organization and with its strategic suppliers. This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, life, 401(k), flexible health and dependent spending accounts, employee assistance program, paid vacation and sick time, tuition reimbursement, and more!
Responsibilities of the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Perform supply chain quality engineering functions including supplier evaluations, surveys, and corrective actions
- Support and work cross-functionally, including engineering, supply management, inspection, and production for all phases
- Support preliminary MRB activities on incoming material discrepancies and support inspection operations, including systems analysis, SPC measurement equipment, and inspection instruction updates
- Evaluate suppliers’ ability to produce the needed products, processes, or services
- Analyze, evaluate, and recommend innovative approaches required for meeting contract or new or modified products and systems
- Ensure that work conforms to high technical and company standards and meets or exceeds all contract requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Supplier Quality Engineer
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 5 or more years of related experience
- Experience in supply chain quality engineering and/or hardware quality engineering is preferred, plus evaluation of suppliers
- Experience with Statistical Process Control, LEAN, Six Sigma
- Knowledge and understanding of J-STD-001 and MIL-STD-883
- Advanced computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
Apply today for this Supplier Quality Engineer position in a fast-paced, friendly environment!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We put the right people in the right places through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing. We combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. Our goal is to exceed your expectations; our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.