Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A leader in fiber optic and electrical cable is looking for an expert Technical Writer to join their team. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for developing, supporting, and maintaining procedural and technical documentation that is clear, concise, accurate, and free of jargon. This is a great opportunity at one of the premier employers in the Seacoast area!
Responsibilities of the Technical Writer
- Create, edit, and organize technical information and turn it into meaningful value-driven outputs for internal and external audiences
- Work with subject-matter experts to ensure specialized topics are appropriately addressed
- Obtain an in-depth understanding of the process by consulting subject-matter experts, gathering and researching technical information, and observing the process first-hand for generation and validation of released documentation
- Produce high-quality procedures/instructions that meet applicable industry standards and are appropriate for the intended audience
- Review and edit work to improve its clarity, format, and consistency in documentation
- Review and revise previously created documentation in support of continuous improvement
- Create graphical images, flow charts, diagrams, and other visual aids to help communicate technical concepts
- Utilize a variety of media as a tool for improving the understanding of procedures
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications of the Technical Writer
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years minimum related experience in technical writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Adobe)
- Creative, imaginative, and open to unique ways of presenting information
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work hands-on with cross-functional teams
- Basic knowledge of ISO and/or AS9100 is a plus
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma/Kaizen is a plus
- Knowledge of specific software (design, analysis, ERP) is a plus
If you have the necessary qualifications and would like to be an integral part of this company’s continued success, apply now for this Technical Writer position!
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.