Tool and Die Maker
Tool and Die Maker
Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Location: Goffstown, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
Leddy Group is seeking a Tool and Die Maker in Goffstown, NH! This is an exciting, long term/permanent role for the right candidate with a company that offers growth and development opportunities.
This position requires the individual to engage in being able to build, repair, and maintain dies, fixtures, and all other tooling related to manufacturing. This company offers a competitive 401K, insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and VACATION!
Responsibilities of this role:
- Work from blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions to repair and maintain stamping dies and assembly tooling
- Support production department with tooling needs; respond to shop-floor calls in a timely manner
- Assure safe operation and care of tool room equipment
- Produce quality work in a timely manner
- Assess complex tooling and equipment needs and refurbish as required
- Troubleshoot and solve tooling problems without the assistance
- Set up and operate all tool room equipment with no assistance.
- Work to continuously improve tooling and reduce scrap
- Ability to move throughout the plant
- Extended sitting and standing; reaching and bending.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. may be required
- Ability to access tooling both in and out of machines to troubleshoot problems
- Ability to read tool and die designs and drawings
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment
- Ability to operate all standard tool room equipment
- Must be able to work without supervision
- Individual must be self-motivated
- Ability to communicate well with others
Qualifications of the Tool and Die Maker:
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Completed an apprenticeship training program a plus
- Demonstrated ability to produce finished components from a concept or engineering drawings
- Demonstrated ability to set up and operate Bridgeport’s with Prototrac.
- Demonstrated ability to set up, program, and operate CNC milling machines and lathes a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs; good working knowledge of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Experience with tools and dies for forming and bending sheet metal a plus.
- Strong familiarity with Wire EDM and CAD a plus.
- Work to +/-.0001 inch
1st shift, Monday – Friday 7am-3:30pm
Pay is depending on experience