Specialty: Engineering, Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A global leader in injection molding and contract manufacturing is looking for a Tooling Engineer with injection molding expertise. You’ll work directly with customers to manage all aspects of their custom injection molding projects. This is a direct-hire opportunity for the right candidate with competitive pay, full benefits, and a $3,000 hiring bonus!
Responsibilities of the Tooling Engineer
- Critique design for injection molds for functionality and manufacturability
- Plan and initiate product and mold revisions, and provide customer with input on product enhancement
- Assist in the development of automation and process control concepts to ensure lowest possible part cost and zero-defect manufacturing
- Lead cross functional team through design reviews and APQP process
- Source outside suppliers, negotiate orders, and conduct site visits to review tool construction and mold trials
- Consult internally with tool division on mold design and provide quotations on product changes
- Establish mold maintenance schedule
- Maintain continuous improvement of tooling and troubleshoot problematic tools
- Recommend quality standards to customer and manufacturing
- Supervise sample submissions
- Supervise and direct tool room, PMs, repairs, and schedules
- Perform related duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Tooling Engineer
- Engineering degree desired, plus 3-5 years of experience in injection mold design and processing, preferably in the automotive field
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, project management, and leadership skills
- Ability to travel domestically 20% of the time
- Must have a thorough understanding of the injection molding process and automation, with a demonstrated capability to integrate tooling into injection molding automation work cells
- Demonstrated innovation and cost effectiveness with mold design, and knowledge of new mold design/manufacturing technology
- CADkey desired
- Engineering capability, including design of experiment, troubleshooting, geometric tolerancing, SPC, and robotics
- Knowledge of outside tooling vendor performance
- Ability to thrive in an environment characterized by high growth, participation, and change
The Tooling Engineer is a full-time, first-shift position. We look forward to hearing from you!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.