Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A growing manufacturer is seeking a skilled individual for their Toolmaker position in Amherst, NH. You’ll play an important role in ensuring the company can produce high-quality parts used in the aerospace, medical, gas, and irrigation industries. If you have demonstrable knowledge of toolmaking, machining, and tool design, then consider this full-time, first-shift role!
Responsibilities of the Toolmaker
- Perform tight tolerance machining of tools using typical toolroom equipment such as lathes, mills (manual and CNC), and surface grinders
- Design and fabricate trim dies
- Repair and maintain existing tools
- Assist in recommending tooling materials
- Maintain paperwork to support ISO/TS-16949 initiative
- Ensure reasonable stocks of tool steels and die sets to support business activities
- Work with Engineering to design and develop tooling and equipment upgrades to reduce costs and/or improve productivity or part manufacturability
- May work with outside vendors and contractors
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Toolmaker
- 3-5 years of increasing experience in tool fabrication plus completion of an accredited apprentice program, 5-7 years of increasing experience plus a 2-year degree or certificate in tooling/machining, 8-10 years of increasing experience in a tool room environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have demonstrable knowledge of toolmaking, machining, and tool design
- Ability to read prints and sketches
- Must be capable of working with solid models and of programming CNC machine centers
- Must be able to understand tolerances and their effects on machining parts
- Familiar with metallurgy and secondary finishing operations such as heat treating and tempering
Pay depends on experience for this Toolmaker opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply, please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com, call 603-666-4051, or apply online at www.leddygroup.com.
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.