Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Location: Lebanon, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
Join a well-known, solid Upper Valley organization as a Turn Operator! Do you like to sleep in, avoid rush hour, or be home in the mornings to get the kids off to school? If so, this position offers great 2nd shift hours of 3pm-11pm! In this role, you will be responsible for operating turning equipment to perform machining procedures to a variety of materials in various sizes.
Responsibilities of the Turn Operator
- Follow instructions or standard procedures to operate turning machine
- Perform periodic quality checks visually and using measuring gauges
- Correct defects or refer detected discrepancies to supervisor
- Assist in training other employees as required
- Record appropriate data on designated forms
- Load materials/stock into machine as required
- Maintain necessary records.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
Qualifications of the Turn Operator
- High School diploma/GED
- Basic mathematical and mechanical skills
- Basic computer interface skills
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient and productive
- Strong ability to follow written and prescribed work instructions/procedures and tasks
- Strong ability to read and interpret specifications, acceptance criteria, and engineering drawings
- Situational/Spatial awareness along with strict adherence to PPE/safety protocols
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 35 pounds
This full-time, 2nd shift Turn Operator role is available immediately, so apply today!
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.