Leddy Group is seeking a 2nd Shift CNC Machinist for a growing manufacturer in Manchester, NH!
This is a long term, permanent opportunity with a company that offers great benefits like medical, 401k, PTO, etc. once hired on to the core team.
2nd Shift CNC Machinist Summary:
Sets up and operates CNC machines, manual machines, and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the position’s essential functions and responsibilities. Trains other employees on the setup and operation of machines as needed.
2nd Shift CNC Machinist Responsibilities:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials.
- Calculates and sets control to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Works with engineering to analyze problems for best solutions.
2nd Shift CNC Machinist Qualifications:
- Capable of setup and running of CNC or manual machines, both horizontal and vertical.
- Self-sufficient in all areas of machining and production.
- Able to machine complex parts.
- Able to use height gages, calipers, micrometers, gage pins, thread gages, and optical comparators.
- Has troubleshooting skills.
- Expertise in reading and interpretation of blueprints and specifications.
- Observes and listens to operating equipment to diagnose cutting efficiency or malfunctions.
- Knowledge of mathematics, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry preferred.
- Expertise in work holding devices. Design and build as needed, including cause and effects.
- Expert knowledge of tapping, threading, and thread forms.
- Experienced knowledge of materials, including cutting speed and feeds.
- Able to plans and execute the sequence of events from start to finish to produce a part.
2nd Shift $18-$25 depending on experience
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Bedford@leddygroup.com, call 603-666-4051 or apply online at www.leddygroup.com.
#ZRBBranch Office: Bedford, NH