Leddy Group is currently seeking candidates for Fabrication Mechanic for a great company in Laconia, NH!
This is an exciting long-term, permanent opportunity for a stable and growing company.
Summary of Fabrication Mechanic: Engaged in the fabrication of metal tubing both rigid and flexible, for a multitude of operations, by cutting, grinding, forming, de-burring, cleaning, swaging, polishing according to specifications, for use in hydraulic fuel, pneumatic, waste and exhaust installations by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities of Fabrication Mechanic:
- Performs visual and dimensional checks on materials, assemblies, tube details, components and finished products. Inspect and test, components, parts, tube details, and assemblies to validate conformance to blueprints and instructions by customer and to company operating procedures by performing the following duties.
- Sets up and maintains accurate mylar fixtures. Catalogs and retrieves special mylar tooling. Sets up and verifies mylars.
- Sets up and operates manual and semi-automatic benders. Sets up and operates abrasive, squaring, deburring, and sizing equipment.
- Polishes or prepares assemblies and details to acceptable cosmetic and dimensional requirements. Grinds walls to acceptable limits and specifications.
- Plans, lay out, fabricate, assembles, install, savage parts from assemblies and repair rigid and/or flexible tube assemblies, fixtures, equipment, and products by performing the following duties.
- Lifts, positions, and removes workpieces from machines to assist in fitting and welding.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, method sheets, process sheets, policies and procedures to manufacture a variety of rigid and flexible metal tubes.
- Measures angular dimensions, radii, contours, clearances, thread lead, wall thickness, and other specifications. Performs a variety of quality tests per procedures.
- Holds tape and rods and marks reference points to assist in layout.
- Loads, stacks, and transports stock, tools, dies, and work in process by hand or truck.
- Attaches rope or grappling equipment to workpieces to prepare workpiece for moving by crane or jib.
- Cleans and scrapes metal preparatory to fabricating, welding, painting, or shipping.
- Paints metal stocks.
- Picks up and trucks scrap from work areas.
- Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Performs other routine duties such as cleaning work area, organizing tools and fixtures, and maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Consistently, regularly and predictably at work and on time.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma/ GED or one to three months related experience and/or training
- Ability to pass a drug screen
1st Shift, Pay rate is $12.50 – $14 – depending on experience
2nd Shift, Four 10 hour days with Friday off, Pay rate is $13.50 – $15 – depending on experience