Our client is a leading international manufacturer of electrical insulating materials, technical laminates and composites that has been in business since 1952. This is a permanent, direct hire opportunity for the right candidate.
This is a 3rd shift opportunity offering a four day work week that will require training on first shift.
Responsibilities for Machine Operator
- Maintain production standards in terms of scrap and efficiencies.
- Checks equipment for needed adjustments or repairs; Corrects as necessary or reports problems to the supervisor to initiate a repair request.
- Maintain good housekeeping on and around the equipment. This is an ongoing function that can be performed while the equipment is in operation.
- Informs the next shift regarding all activities that are underway and parameters that need to be followed.
- Supervises the equipment at all time; does not leave the workplace without the consent of his superior.
- Work all shifts and reasonable amount of overtime, including weekends to meet customer needs.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs.
- Reduce material scrap
- Perform data entries on the computer
- Fill out process sheets
- Visually inspect material being produced for defects; and corrects such defects as necessary.
- Assists maintenance in making equipment changes when necessary.
- Directs and assists in removal of finished rolls from the paper machine, collecting of samples, roll weighing and transporting and packaging as necessary.
- Completes production reports, data entry on the computer, process sheets identification tags and other records as required
Qualifications of the Machine Operator:
- Attention to Detail
- Basic Computer skills
- High School Diploma
- Previous Machine Operation Experience of 1+ years