Leddy Group is seeking a Material Handler in South Royalton, VT.
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a stable company. Room for learning and growth within the company. They offer two locations one in Roylaton, VT and one in Bethel, VT.
Responsibilities of the Material Handler will include:
- Stage raw material for upcoming production orders using the Motan material handling system.
- Empty/clean dryers at the end of production runs.
- Perform shipping/receiving duties as assigned.
- Interact with peers to achieve production goals set forth.
- Initiate work orders to correct problems with material handling auxiliary equipment.
- Minimize waste and ensures lot tractability.
- Maintain material lot integrity and ensure that documentation is correct.
- Organize and review inventory control paperwork.
- Record keeping and data entry.
- Follow company safety rules, procedures, and policies and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Strive to be a contributing and supportive member of our team.
- Display a cooperative and positive attitude toward your teammates.
- Other duties as needed.
Requirements of the Material Handler:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, written instructions, and operating procedures. Written communications skills are a must, as this requires daily documentation transactions.
- Must have effective verbal communications skills order to communicate problems and issues as necessary.
- Mechanical aptitude and dexterity.
- Good performance record, work ethic, demonstrated initiative.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- General math skills and computer experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to following company’s safety guidelines.
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds.
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
This is a full time, long-term position for the right candidate. They have openings on 1st and 2nd shift and also offer a weekend only position Saturday and Sunday. Pay is very competitive and offers a weekend incentive.