Leddy Group is seeking a Materials Quality Inspector for a manufacturer in Manchester, NH.
This is a long-term, permanent opportunity with a company that offers great benefits like medical, 401k, PTO, etc. once hired on to the core team.
Materials Quality Inspector Summary:
Reads and interprets work instructions and blueprints to determine dimensions and tolerances. Measures, inspects, tests and verifies machined, welded and finished parts for conformance to specifications. Completes receiving inspection on material and purchased components.
Materials Quality Inspector Responsibilities:
- Reads blueprints or specifications to determine dimensions, tolerances, and any other applicable inspection/test criteria/requirements.
- Verifies specified dimensions of product using calipers, micrometers, intramics, CMMs, optical comparators, profilometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Measures angular dimensions, radii, contours, clearances, thread lead, and other specifications.
- Verifies raw materials including critical application materials through the review of chemical and physical data on certified material test reports per Raw Material Inspection procedure QC01.600.
- Measures surface finish of parts. Inspects first run parts and assemblies.
- Examines material or product for surface defects such as cracks, pits, and incomplete features.
- Witnesses tests and operation of assemblies and ensures the accuracy of test reports.
- References Bills of Materials and parts list to the as-built condition of complex assemblies.
Materials & Receiving Quality Inspector Qualifications:
- Two-year certification from college or technical school, 5 years of related experience and/or training.
- Must know how to interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance.
- Advanced knowledge of inspection, plating & coating processes and raw materials a plus.
- A personal and professional background sufficient to secure a Government Security Clearance is required.
1st Shift & 2nd Shift Available
Monday – Friday, $18 – $21 per hour depending on experience