Leddy Group is seeking a Materials & Receiving Quality Inspector for a manufacturer in Manchester, NH.
This is a long term, permanent opportunity with a company that offers great benefits like medical, 401k, PTO, etc. once hired on to the core team.
Materials & Receiving Quality Inspector Summary:
Reads and interprets work instructions and blueprints to determine dimensions and tolerances. Measures, inspects, tests and verifies machined, welded and finished parts for conformance to specifications. Completes receiving inspection on material and purchased components.
Materials & Receiving Quality Inspector Responsibilities:
- Reads blueprints or specifications to determine dimensions, tolerances and any other applicable inspection / test criteria / requirements.
- Verifies specified dimensions of product using calipers, micrometers, intramics, CMMs, optical comparators, profilometers and other measuring instruments.
- Measures angular dimensions, radii, contours, clearances, thread lead, and other specifications.
- Verifies raw materials including critical application materials through the review of chemical and physical data on certified material test reports per Raw Material Inspection procedure QC01.600.
- Measures surface finish of parts. Inspects first run parts and assemblies.
- Examines material or product for surface defects such as cracks, pits, and incomplete features.
- Witnesses tests and operation of assemblies and ensures accuracy of test reports.
- References Bills of Materials and parts list to the as built condition of complex assemblies.
- Prepares technical reports and ensures accuracy.
- Writes reports regarding inspection and testing results.
- Examines defective parts to determine root cause of defects and recommends changes or modifications.
- Supports Customer and Government Source Inspections.
- Validates that subcontract operations such as heat treat, plating, testing and other functions satisfy PO requirements.
- Supports inspection duties, quality objectives, and the Quality Management System.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
Materials & Receiving Quality Inspector Qualifications:
- Two-year certification from college or technical school, 5 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must know how to interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance.
- Advanced knowledge of inspection, plating & coating processes and raw materials a plus.
- Must be flexible enough to work in all areas of operation per the direction of the Leadership.
- A personal and professional background sufficient to secure a Government Security Clearance is required.
1st Shift Monday – Friday, $18 – $21 per hour depending on experience