Non-Destructive Testing Trainee
Aerospace company specializing in composites manufacturing is dedicated to the production of 3D woven composite parts. This company is highly desired and located in an ultra-modern facility located in Rochester, NH.
Responsibilities of the NDT Testing Trainee:
- Accurately follow written instructions and clearly record results under close supervision.
- Show continuous progression within the NDT certification process based on feedback from others as well as successfully passing various examinations (domestic travel required when attending training sessions).
- Illustrate the ability to make sound decisions on how to inspect and process parts.
- Follow established procedures and part specific techniques.
- Must know and follow all department and company safety rules.
- Successfully perform calibrations, tests, and evaluations with NDT equipment.
- Be able to learn and operate ultrasonic test equipment and/or radiographic test equipment.
- Overtime may be required, based on business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the NDT Testing Trainee:
- Ability to read specifications, formulas, charts, tables, drawings; comprehend and follow verbal instructions; perform intermediate arithmetic calculations in order to perform duties above.
- Must have a high level of integrity and able to accept an elevated level of responsibility.
- Knowledge of and compliance with AS9100C or ISO9001 standards strongly preferred.
- Required to comply with OSHA regulations related to these operations, including but not limited to, safety shoes, hearing and eye protection.
- Excellent attention to detail and due diligence in your work at all times. A customer-centric attitude to the quality of your work with a desire to ensure continual and consistent client satisfaction at all times is required.
- Proficient understanding of the metric system.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with coworkers.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, approximately 20% of a standard workday.
- Ability to bend, climb and work in confined spaces as needed to complete testing tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college courses in a related technical field strongly preferred
- No less than 2 years of relatable experience strongly preferred
There are opportunities for 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. Pay starts at $15.50/hr with differentials for 2nd and 3rd shift.