Production Equipment Operator – Portsmouth, NH
Company that designs connection systems that transmit signals, data or power through challenging media located in Portsmouth, NH is seeking to hire for this position. Company products go in aircraft, biomedical devices, deep-sea exploration vehicles, offshore oil and gas operations, power generation including nuclear power and submarines.
Responsibilities of the Production Equipment Operator:
- Responsible for setting up and operating a variety of automatic or semi-automatic furnaces used in the production of the company’s glass sealed products
- Works from process sheets or written/verbal instructions from supervisor to perform production tasks
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments
- Provides assistance to the Sr. Operator and learn all aspects of the Glass Seal furnace operations
Qualifications of the Production Equipment Operator:
- Ability to apply common sense in performing the job
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to use basic high school math skills
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- 3-4 years complex machine operations or similar technical experience
This is a 1st shift position paying $14-$16/hr. Hours are Monday – Friday 6am – 2:30pm.