Leddy Group is currently seeking candidates for a Quality Inspector role for an exciting opportunity in Laconia, NH.
This is a long term, permanent opportunity for the right person with a stable and growing company.
Summary of Quality Inspector: Perform visual and dimensional checks on materials, assemblies, tube details, components, and finished goods. Inspect and test, components, parts, tube details, and assemblies to validate conformance to blueprints and instructions by customer, and to company operating procedures by performing the following duties. Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities of the Quality Inspector:
- Verifies physical properties and size of materials such as plates, sheets, structural shapes, castings, forgings, dies, fixtures, and work produced by fabricators, joiners, and machines.
- Positions workpiece on surface plate and lays out reference points and center lines on parts.
- Measures angular dimensions, radii, contours, clearances, thread lead, wall thickness, and other specifications.
- Tests units for fit of moving parts and mechanical functioning.
- Perform hardness testing as required.
- Inspects, adjusts, and verifies accuracy of gauges and measuring instruments for conformance to specifications.
- Examines defective parts to determine cause of defect and may recommend changes or modifications to defective parts to determine cause of defect and may recommend changes or modifications to process, materials, or equipment.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Consistently, regularly and predictably at work and on time.
Qualifications of the Quality Inspector include:
- 3-6 months related experience and/or training
- Ability to pass a drug screen
1st Shift, Pay is $14 per hour.