Rochester, NH company is a manufacturer and fabricator of engineered thermoset advanced composite materials and components is looking for a Set-Up Technician This growing company manufactures sheets, tubes, rods and fabricated components based on their clients custom needs.
Responsibilities of the Set-Up Tech:
- Perform machining operations such as turning, milling, drilling to very close tolerances on a wide variety of materials, on CNC mills and lathes.
- Interpret complex engineering drawings and follow written and oral instructions. Make all required mathematical calculations without assistance.
- Use precision measuring instruments to ensure that parts produced meet quality standards. Perform duties during machine cycle time such as inspect parts, maintain tooling, deburr parts, stamp part numbers, or general housekeeping.
- Make difficult set-ups consisting of indicating, leveling, clamping, and blocking. Determine pick-up points, set stops, and controls, and check tooling. Solve complex daily technical problems with little assistance. Select correct cutting tools & Feeds & Speeds consistent with proper machining practices. Replace tooling and make machine adjustments to maintain product quality standards. Train and provide guidance to lesser-experienced machinists in all aspects of their duties.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications of the Set-Up Tech:
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to use micrometers, gauges or other tools for dimensional evaluation
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 years relevant experience
This is a 2nd shift position, working M-F. This role pays $18 – $20/hr depending on experience.