Work and Community Support Specialist
We are searching for the next Work and Community Support Specialist! Here at Work Opportunities Unlimited, we believe all people can work and strive to provide new opportunities for success in the workplace, every day. Although Work Opportunities Unlimited focuses on employment, the ultimate goal is for the client to become as independent as possible, at work and in life. As part of every person’s week, they engage in work, recreation, and other personal necessities that ideally allows them to live a preferred lifestyle in their preferred community. It is our objective to provide employment services, but also provide services that enhance their career opportunities and ultimately independence.
The coverage territory for this position is in the Dover-Portsmouth-Exeter areas. A Part-Time opportunity, offering flexible daytime hours is offered.
As a Work & Community Support Specialist, you’ll focus on bringing this mission to life. You’ll be working with youth and adults focusing on community-based support services such as:
- Customized service planning
- Preparation for volunteer employment
- Accessing volunteer employment
- Retain volunteer employment
- Participation in work assessments and other career exploration activities
- Accessing gym memberships
- Enrolling and support in further education
- Participation in community activities
- Budgeting and banking
- Accessing community services such as the library, public transportation, and the post office.
To be a successful Work and Community Support Specialist, You will:
- have a passion for helping others and knack for connecting with people.
- have a reliable vehicle & are comfortable transporting others throughout the day.
- be curious and outcome-driven, you love to ask questions, and you think critically about problems.
- have an interest in the Human Services field and community-based work.
What’s in it for you?
- A strong, positive culture firmly grounded in a meaningful purpose.
- The path to success: we are committed to helping our team members reach their full potential by creating individual development plans, one-on- one personal training and job shadowing opportunities.
- Competitive pay and benefits such as PTO, paid holidays, and 401(k) enrollment.